Now that your sold on the benefits of cloud computing, how do you get there? After all, you have years of customer and financial data that has to move. After it has moved, who is going to watch over it? What if there is a problem?
The hard truth is that a migration is more that a cut-and-paste job. It’s more than copying files from one place to another. It takes a plan.
Back Office Geeks will work with you to build that plan.
- First, you need to pick the right home for your services. As you can guess, no two are the same.
- Next, the employees need to know about the change and buy into it. Do we need to train them?
- How much data will you move? If you have 20 years of history in your email (yes, some people do), do you need to move it all?
- How do you want to move? Do you want the new service available alongside the old one for a while? Will that help your employees train?
- What will be the cutover date? Will everyone be ready? Available?
- Once moved, when will you decommission the old services?
If you have a small company, it is likely that the move will be easier than a 100 person company. Still, a good plan will help ensure a smooth transition.